Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 15: The Middle East

One of the things I love best about my husband is that he loves food, really good food. He lets me experiment. But he also loves to eat food from other cultures. He loved being in the middle east, especially when he was a company commander and he got out into the cities. He still dreams of the lamb roasted on a spit in some guys back yard.

While I have not perfected lamb (but will happily keep trying), I have a pretty good falafel recipe. Falafel is basically a chickpea 'meatball'. We like ours with naan (also called lavash). The key to the naan is to either grill it or pan cook it so it is nice and hot and sears the outside. I usually make a chutney to go with it, but Rob doesn't like that.

Tonight I am adding bacon wrapped dates...mmmm....bacon.

To answer your question: Yes, my kids eat this stuff and yours will too. Maybe not the first time, but after a few tries.

As an update...Rob worked late, and we didn't do the date :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment