Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 1: Sea Bass

And so it begins...with cereal (again...I'm lazy). The kids had sandwiches, carrot sticks, and raisins/banana for lunch at school. I had left over beef bourguinon (
that William stole half of).

But for dinner

Chilean Sea Bass with Macadamia nuts and a mango cream sauce


Roasted golden beets, turnips, and onions


Kale chips (requested from kids...how could I say no)

Frozen peas (Gabe's favorite)

Fish is always a winner at our house. But Rob and I were unimpressed with the sauce. Maybe with orange instead of lemon juice next time. The kids did in fact eat the kale (this is the 3rd or 4th time I have made them and the 1st that they ate them willingly). The beets and turnips were not winners...except for William who inhaled everything.

As you can see by the mostly empty table it was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment