Thursday, February 16, 2012

Been a While

I know, but I am making a lot of changes in our eating habits to include cutting grains left and right. Rob is less than thrilled, but the boys are doing fine for the most part.

Tonight I made a ton of chicken tenders for the week to send in lunches instead of sandwiches.

I stole from this recipe at Health-Bent but I have vilified the nugget so much to my children in the past, they would touch one with the consistency that ground chicken would give it. So here is what I did.

1 package of chicken breasts, sliced, or tenders (mine was 3 lbs)

Bowl 1:
1/2 C almond flour
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 t onion powder
1/2 t garlic powder
Pinch of cayenne

Bowl 2:
1 egg + 2 T water beaten

Bowl 3:
Dessicated Coconut or just whirl up coconut flakes in the processor

Process:
Dip chicken in Bowl 1, shake off excess, dip in bowl 2, dip in bowl 3 then fry in a pan. I just browned each side then finished them in the oven at 350 for about 10 min.

Yummy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment