Saturday, May 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Cookie

These are awesome! And almost not terrible for you. They are modified from a Sesame Street Cookie Cook book my mom picked up at the dollar store. The book was surprisingly not full of sugary terrible recipes. They have one for a carrot cake cookies (yes, with lots of carrots) and another for granola cookies. I am right now looking for things to send the kids for snack and lunch treats that will be yummy and nutritious. I figure these have a lot of good protein to help their little minds function and not so much sugar that they will crash later (approx 2g per cookie added not counting the sugar from the banana).

1 C flour (I used wheat with no probs)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

1/4 C butter (I used coconut oil since I am out of butter)
1/2 C /1 banana
1/2 C peanut butter (unsalted, no sugar added)
1/4 C unsweetened apple juice concentrate (I had a pear juice one that I used)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla


Beat wet ingredients, mix dry then add to wet. Scoop on to baking sheet and cook at 375 for about 8 min.

Mine were a little soft so I would probably add about another 1/4 C flour and maybe a little less concentrate since they were plenty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment