Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Yogurt the Easy Way

I have always liked yogurt, but when I went to Europe, I fell in love with it. Then I came back and thought what I had always known was only ho hum. Then I met Natalie and she unlocked the secret for me. It was so easy, just make it my self. But could it really be that simple. Yep! Now, it takes me about 25 min from start to finish and it tastes soooooo good.

What I use:

Non-electric Yogotherm

ABY-2C Yogurt Culture (you can get the yogotherm here too)

1/2 Gal whole milk (make sure it isn't ultra pasteurized; I find that local non-homogenized works best, but that is a personal choice)

Heat milk to 150, cool back to 110. Stir in 1/8 tsp of culture. Transfer to yogotherm. Set for 6-8 hours. Transfer carton to refrigerator. Done.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, of course! Glad to read you're still making your own. We are too. Though, I did try out some Swiss yogurt (plain) for the heck of it this week (it was good - not great). Back to making my own next week!

    ReplyDelete