Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chicken Salad

So I never think what I make is exceptional, but everyone loves my chicken salad so I thought I would post the recipe. I have never measured any of the ingredients, so it is all approximations.

Usually I save all the bits of chicken that aren't enough for a meal and freeze them. After a couple of chickens I usually have enough.

1 C chicken shredded
1/2 C red grapes quartered
1/2 C celery and carrots finely diced
1 green onion...green part only finely diced

Put all of that in a bowl. I also like walnuts in mine, pecans taste good too, but I didn't like almonds in it. You can add apples if you want to make it a bit crunchier.

Add some thyme (fresh is best) about 2 sprigs chopped up

Now for the sauce...I use one dollup of mayo and a dollup of greek yogurt or sour cream. But you can do all plain yogurt or all mayo if you like. And then a bit of honey (about 1-2 tsp).

Put this in the with the other ingredients and stir. If it isn't moist enough, add more dollups till it is how you like it.

Now season with some salt and pepper.

Great with a salad, or as a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment